Sunday 13 October 2013

Divorce hurts everyone...

I feel you've had enough of my over-excitement toward boys, boys and yes, boys.
My family liiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffeeeeeeeeee. (you have to sing that like a jingle for the excitement)
READ WITH A SMILE TO ADD HAPPINESS.
Last year my mum left us and asked for a divorce with my dad. This was one of THE toughest times ever, which sounds rather pathetic in retrospect. I was best friends with someone coping through depression and I felt it abhorrent to even consider plaguing her with my problems too, I couldn't talk to my Dad, I couldn't talk to my Mum (neither would I want to), I had no-one. I slowly started closing myself in, shutting myself away. As what I had known no longer existed, my life felt so different I'd pinch myself in a hope I would wake up from this terrible nightmare.
From April to December my life slowly started crumbling until in December I started becoming very depressed and having terrible thoughts. In December I once sat in my shower crying and crying, feeling so lost in a world where I thought I had found myself, everything I had known  was gone. I feel like last year my Mum died and now there is an imposter in her body, coming in and ruining everything, day by day.

In December I found Annie. If it wasn't for Annie I would be buried in the ground. She would text me and ask me how I was. She would show interest and she would give a listening ear for all my worries and problems. Slowly my life became a rollercoaster, a rollercoaster that only went up. She saved my life. I had experienced a time no-one should ever have to experience, I experienced a low no-one should ever have to go through.
Believe it or not, this low was a huge blessing in disguise. I found a friendship with my sister that I had never even considered possible. We were both going through the same thing although she is 5 years older than me and 21 we talk to each other about everything. Also, I found my other best friend Annie, I will be forever grateful for her helping me out of the trouble I was in.

Anyone who's parents went through a divorce will know exactly what I mean when I say I blamed myself. I would constantly think back to the times when I could have been a little less trouble. Also you feel like you are betraying one parent, I never felt it right to say something hurtful as I would never forgive myself. Lucking my Dad is amazing and helped me through the worst.

I just want you to know that whenever you're going through a really tough time, things will get better, when it's the worst it has been take a breath and know you have coped and are coping through the worst times of all, you can cope through anything. You are strong. Smile, it gets you places, you can trick your head into thinking your happy and you actually will be. Just smile, just laugh. Any bad feelings you have, think of everything good you have to come, think of the children you may one day give birth to or adopt, it's all planned out you have to be here for that child, for that friend who may have a hard time like you did. You need to take this experience and make it positive. Make friends who are in the same situation and make your life positively FANTASTIC. Please just stay strong because too many lives are lost, of those people that forget you've had the worst it only gets better.

You will find your Annie, and she/he will be the most amazing person you will ever have. If not now, one day. You will truly be happy. I wish you the best my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment